Wednesday

Walking our feet off around Paris






















This morning we went on this great long walk by the river, to Notre-Dame and lots of other places. It was pretty cold but not as bad as yesterday and it didn't rain at all. In fact the sun even popped out a couple of times!





I took heaps of pictures, this is just a small selection(I'll put some on Facebook too). The top one is of the Pont-Neuf(that means New Bridge, but it's actually the oldest bridge in Paris, weird, huh?)then of the river with boats on it and then of Notre Dame from a distance and some of the gargoyles(the French call them 'chimeres' or chimera, they're really cool--you see lots of things like that around Paris, in fact I'm going to put up some pictures just of funny faces you see on buildings! There's also a statue of Charlemagne, an important French king from the early Middle Ages..




After our long walk, we had lunch in this great little cafe, leek soup and veal stew and the greatest chocolate cake! Sorry I didn't take any pictures of that, Dad said I wasn't to be flashing the camera in people's faces when they were trying to eat!!

In afternoon we went out to Longchamp racecourse just to have a look(Free Spirit has raced there)--I only took one photo there as it wasn't very interesting, nothing going on at the moment, cos it's winter. In the racing season though, dad says, it's fantastic well maybe we'll see it one of these days!

Haven't met Johnny Dillon yet--supposed to be doing that in a couple of days' time apparently..

3 comments:

  1. Was wondering why you hadn't mentioned the gorgeous Johnny yet--can't wait to hear all about it!
    looks pretty cold in Paris!

    ReplyDelete
  2. who cares if it's cold, it's Paris! Love those photos..

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.