


Didn't have time to blog yesterday as we got back rather late from our big trip out to Chantilly to have lunch with Johnny Dillon and his aunt Celia, as well as Monsieur Lacoste, Johnny's lawyer whom we'd met when we first arrived in Paris.
Anyway--it was an amazing day! We got driven out to Chantilly by Johnny's chauffeur, it was a nice trip and we were glad to be in the car out of the cold! Anyway we arrived at the chateau which is just beautiful and so charming(here's a photo of it) and Johnny was there to meet us. He's so nice! Yes, really good-looking too but absolutely totally so nice as well, not at all stuck-up or anything like that. His aunt--well she was kinda--well difficult, I suppose is the best way of outting it! (And no, I didn't take photos of them, would've been sorta rude!!)
We had the best lunch--mussels in a creamy sauce, delicious pork chops and vegetables, salad, cheese, and this three-tiered chocolate and coffee cake-- and then they took us to the Tallien stables where Free Spirit is stabled and met the horse for the first time--Here's a picture of him, doesn't he look gorgeous! Dad took photos of him and started sketching him too, I'll put up one or two of those as well..
I had a really good talk with Johnny too yesterday, and he's not what I expected at all. I think there's something really sad about him. That's understandable cos his parents died like that and so recently--but it's something else as well, something I can't put my finger on. Anyway..
We went to the Chantilly training centre too and Dad did some sketches of guys exercising horses--I'm going to put one up on the next post, I think it's best if I put all the horse sketches together.
Wow, I'm so so jealous! Sounds abosolutely fantastic!!
ReplyDeleteHey girl, you're not going to get away with so little info!! We want to know more!! (like has he asked you out yet??)
ReplyDeleteSounds very cool indeed!
ReplyDeleteNo comment, Else!!
ReplyDelete